rmoff

May 28, 2009

nqcmd and [nQSError: 27005] Unresolved column

Filed under: obiee — rmoff @ 16:23

I’m working on a scripted load test for OBIEE using nqcmd to run reports multiple times. I hit this interesting issue.

Cut and pasting the logical SQL that Presentation Services sends to BI Server from Manage Sessions -> Statement, I kept getting this error when I ran it through nqcmd:

[10058][State: S1000] [NQODBC] [SQL_STATE: S1000] [nQSError: 10058] A general error has occurred.
[nQSError: 27005] Unresolved column: “Natural Account (COA)”.”Account Parent1 Code”.
Statement preparation failed

Eventually I tracked it down after looking at the logical SQL behind the report in Answers itself and comparing it to what I’d copied out of the Session statement:

SELECT “Natural Account (COA)”.”Account Parent1 Code” saw_0, “Natural Account (COA)”.”Account Parent5 Code”  […]
SELECT “Natural Account  (COA)”.”Account Parent1 Code” saw_0, “Natural Account  (COA)”.”Account Parent5 Cod […]



The “Natual Account (COA)” prefix had two spaces in it, but because I was copying it out of a web browser where multiple spaces are rendered as single unless escaped, the supposedly verbatim copy wasn’t such.

More details of the load testing script to follow…

Advertisements

1 Comment

  1. I found this very useful! I was struggling with a similar issue…and no one had any answer…until i landed here. so i simply created filters and converted them into sql and the built the query on notepad. it worked. previously i had compiled my query on outlook.

    Comment by Onenyana — May 17, 2012 @ 09:18


RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.

%d bloggers like this: